Hello there, beautiful. I’m glad you clicked this page and are willing to read through all that I’m about to say to you. I hope you can take my words seriously and understand their truth. Consider them objectively, and please, read this whole thing.
There’re a lot of reasons not to do what you’re thinking about, and I cannot offer them all right here. I can give you a few.
And please, if these aren’t enough, or even if they are, talk to me. Tell me about your situation. I am here to listen.
1. That person. That person who has been with you this whole way, whether they know it or not. That person who shows you—maybe not always, but often enough, that they care. That you’re worth it. The person who’s loved you through everything. Imagine the hurt and devastation in their eyes when they learn of your death. Imagine their pain, the way they’d cry. That person will never again be the same if you take your life. Please have mercy on them.
2. Prove something. Prove to the world that you’re strong, because you know what? I know you are. The fact that you’re still alive, even if you might be crying or bleeding, proves that you’re strong, because you’ve already been through so much. Every second that you live is proving it. So please hang in there… and prove it a little longer?
3. Live. I mean that in the simplest possible sense. Keep going so that you can live. By live I don’t mean stay alive just a little longer. I don’t mean go live a full life with skydiving and sightseeing all over the world, but by all means, do that too. I mean live as in, breathe. Feel air fill your lungs. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Sink your toes into the grass, relish the sound of music filling your ears and the way your lungs expand. Choose life because when you turn your mind off and escape the pain, lay somewhere by yourself and just be, living is a truly beautiful thing.
4. What you love to do. Maybe you’re not good at it… then again, I’m going to guess you’re amazing at it. What is that thing you do? Drawing? Writing? Singing? Playing piano, clarinet, flute? Biking? Debating? Are you into science? Do you possibly enjoy math? Might you enjoy working with technology? There are so many things… but the bottom line is, that whether you’ve discovered it or not, there’s something that you do amazingly. You might just change the world… so please stick around to do it.
5. Recovery is possible. I cannot stress the importance of this one. I cannot begin to describe this. The bottom line is that the longer and harder you try, the more effort and dedication you put into it, the more certain it is that you will find a way to get through this. One day you will close your eyes, smile, and know that you’re happy. You have to make the choice to let that day come. And then you have to keep on making that choice, again and again, until you finally look back and realize you did it.